• Provided content and copy editing for the novels Detective Docherty and the Demon’s Tears and Detective Docherty and the Vampire’s Mirror, the short story The Story of Iolite, and various web content by Sarah WaterRaven. You can find out more about Sarah’s books here.
• Provided website editing and copywriting for business owners including a Holiday Inn property manager, a travel agent, a Pampered Chef consultant, and a Cookie Lee director.
• Editor, marketing writer, and general writer for CloudCrowd May 2011 to present and writer for Adapt Inc. September 2006 to December 2006.
Contributing Poetry Editor, July 2013 to December 2013
The Found Poetry Review, Telecommuting
• Reviewed poetry submissions, provided feedback regarding the strengths and weaknesses of each, and voted for the acceptance or rejection of submissions.
Intern, August 2005 to May 2006
Mid-American Review , Bowling Green, OH
• Helped proof the literary journal and incorporate changes using InDesign, participated in editorial discussions, performed clerical work, and helped to organize and publicize the journal’s writing festival.
Copy Chief, January 2004 to May 2006
Tint Multicultural Magazine, Bowling Green, OH
• Copy edited all drafts of magazine articles and all web content. Verified facts, sources, and names within articles and restructured articles for clarity and consistent style. Explained recurring changes and major rewrites to copy editors. Responsible for guiding copy editors on initial drafts and answering any writer and copy editor questions.
Fiction Editor, August 2003 to May 2006
Prairie Margins, Bowling Green, OH
• Responsible for reading all fiction submissions, weighing and articulating the strengths/weaknesses of each piece, and directing discussions among the staff. Worked with the rest of the senior staff in final acceptance and rejection of submissions.
• Proofed accepted poetry and fiction against original submissions. Copy edited all sections of the journal. Helped incorporate changes using Quark. Solicited submissions and publicized the journal.
News Editor and Reporter/Writer, September 2000 to June 2002
The Rebellion, Toledo, OH
• Responsible for content editing for structure, clarity, and space limitations. Copy edited all sections of newspaper for accuracy and style. Verified facts, sources, and names within articles.
• Generated article ideas and assigned articles to other reporters/writers. Conducted interviews, researched necessary information, and wrote articles and editorials. Assisted in headline writing. Performed occasional photography duties including taking photographs and writing captions.
• Edited entries for Oh My Gods! The Wiki, March 2007 to March 2008
• Reviewed over 700 experiences/articles for BMEzine.com, January 2006 to February 2007
• Wrote and edited entries for BMEzine.com Encyclopedia, April 2006 to February 2007